Relatives Claim Man Died After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine; Authorities Say No Evidence of a Link

0
384

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Apr 16, CMC – Authorities in Trinidad and Tobago are investigating the death of a retired Local Government regional corporation health inspector, whose family believe he died as a result of receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine for the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic last week.

Relatives of the 60-year-old man said he died at the San Fernando General Hospital, on Thursday night, after being warded for a week. They said he suffered a blood clot and paralysis after taking the vaccine.

But on Wednesday, the Chief Executive Officer of the South West Regional Health Authority, (SWRHA) Dr Brian Armour, said there was no evidence to show a link to man’s condition and the vaccine.

Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr Roshan Parasram said due diligence would have been carried out.

“The RHA will report to my office in a couple weeks…as soon as they conclude their clinical determination and they will tell me what they think the cause is and based on their report I will make further investigations if need be from an independent source and disclose what ever is to be disclosed to the public,” he had told reporters on Wednesday.

But the relatives maintained that the man, who was a was a heart patient and underwent surgery about 10 years ago, had become seriously ill after taking the vaccine last Wednesday.

The nephew, Faleel Ali told the local media that after his uncle had taken the AstraZeneca vaccine at the Princes Town health facility, by Friday his body became partially paralysed.

He said a CT scan at a private institution was conducted revealing a blood clot blocking a main artery and that the man was rushed to the San Fernando General Hospital where his condition deteriorated.

On Thursday Ali pleaded with authorities to not cover up his uncle’s ailment but take action to ensure that it does not happen to someone else.

LEAVE A REPLY