Alumni and Friends of the University of Guyana: The Gala was...

By Dr. DHANPAUL NARINE The Alumni and Friends of the University of Guyana (AFOUG) held its second Gala at Antuns in Queens Village, last weekend....

At the World Hindu Congress in Chicago

By Dr Vishnu Bisram Several Indo-Caribbeans, including myself, Ravi Dev, Dr. Vindya Persaud, Deo Gosine, Vikash Ramkissoon, Pt. Ram Hardowar, Vice President Ashwin Adhin of...

The Islamic New Year

Muharram, Ashura, And Karbala Muharram is the first month of the Islamic lunar calendar which is 11-12 days less than the Julian calendar of 365-366...

In Loving Memory of Samantha Bishun

Sunrise: February 24, 1988 Sunset: August 24, 2018 Civics, Culture, and Community Engagement By Aminta Kilawan-Narine, Esq. “The hardest truth of life is its end. And the...

World Hindu Conference in Chicago This Week

By Dr Vishnu Bisram The second world Hindu conference will be held in Chicago from Sep 7 thru 9. The first one was held in...

Sadhana Opens Project Prithvi Exhibit at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge

__________________________________________ CIVICS, CULTURE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT By Aminta Kilawan Narine, Esq. __________________________________________ On August 19, Sadhana: Coalition of Progressive Hindus opened its Project Prithvi exhibit at the Jamaica...

Trinidadians & Tobagonians USA Hosts Annual Family Day and T&T’s 56th...

By Dr. Ashford Maharaj Trinidadians and Tobagonians, USA has once again in 2018 delivered yet another family day at Smokey Park right here in in...

2018 Trimurti Youth Convention, Treasure Your Culture

By Aminta Kilawan Narine, Esq. This past week, my husband Rohan and I had the honor of co-hosting the Trimurti Youth Convention. Children ranging from...

NYPD’s 106 Precinct Honors Romeo Hitlall

Mr. Romeo Hitlall was honored on Tuesday August 6 with a Certificate of Appreciation by the officers of the 106th Precinct, during the National...

MahaDevi Saraswati THE EVENT Coming to the Prem Bhakti Mandir on...

By Anil Bedasie It has been referred to as the “Event of 2018” and promises to be a truly enlightening experience. On Friday August 24th...
- Advertisement -

COMMUNITY

CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY