RHSOP Lions Club in Service to the Queens Community

By LION NAIDOO R. VEERAPEN Secretary, Richmond Hill-South Ozone Park Lions Club, Inc. In this report we will list some of the outstanding service projects that...

George Floyd: There is a Long Way to go, Says Queens...

By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine Donovan Richards, Queens Borough President, told a group of media representatives that he was sorry about the tragedy that befell George...

Popular Emcee Eshri Singh Passes on

By Dr. Vishnu Bisram Popular Indo-Caribbean emcee and disc jockey, Eshri Singh, has passed on. He died on Sunday morning April 25 at age 89. Shri...

A STEAM Activity to Promote Self-Esteem

By Nusaibah Karim I am a sixth grade student at Queens Gateway to Health Sciences Secondary school. On April 1, 2021, I attended a Virtual...

Supporters Gather for Meet and Greet with City Council Candidate Joann...

Enthusiastic supporters of Ms. Joann Ariola’s campaign for City Council gathered at the Island 360 Caribbean Restaurant in Ozone Park on the evening of...

Recognizing Selfless Service: Women’s History Month 2021 Honorees and Another Outstanding...

By Lion Naidoo R. Veerapen Secretary, Richmond Hill-South Ozone Park Lions Club, Inc.   March has been proclaimed the month during which the nation recognizes and honor...

Eric Adams Gains Key Queens Endorsement from District Leader Richard David

New York, NY -- Last week, Queens District Leader Richard David officially endorsed Eric Adams for mayor of New York City. David was elected as...

New Book on Indian Indentureship in Suriname and Guyana

By Dr Kumar Mahabir A new book on Indian indentureship in Suriname and Guyana was launched by Sharmila Ramratan recently (14/3/21). It is entitled 'Is...

Food Distribution in Queens Continues in Frigid Winter Weather

By Leon Suseran As families continue to struggle amidst the uncertainty and economic impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, many food distribution sites have resumed operation. Many...

Naipaul and Guyana’s Democracy Movement

Dr Vishnu Bisram It is with deep sadness that I join with others to pay tribute to Balkrishna Naipaul, cousin of the iconic novelists VS...
- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

NEWS