Two Fishermen Denied Bail Following Multi-million Dollar Cocaine Bust

0
476

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Two fishermen are expected to return to court on November 20 after they appeared in court Monday following a multi-million dollar drug bust in South Trinidad over the weekend.

Magistrate Margaret Alert denied bail to Junior Boyce, 34, and Emmanuel Gordon, 21, when they appeared before her in the siparia Magistrate’s Court, south of Port of Spain, on charges related to the estimated TT$40 million cocaine seized from a house in South Oropouche, south of here last Saturday.

She told the accused they could apply to a judge in chambers for bail and remanded them n custody.

The magistrate said that they were denied bail because of the seriousness of the offence and the quantity of drugs involved.

Police said they had gone to the house and found 25 packets of cocaine hidden in a generator in one of the rooms. They said they had to cut open the generator in order to retrieve over 28 kilogrammes of high-grade cocaine.

The court was told that the drugs weighed 28.86 kilogrammes and the street value had been estimated by police service’s Transnational Organised Crime and Narcotic Unit. – CMC

LEAVE A REPLY