MahaDevi Saraswati THE EVENT Coming to the Prem Bhakti Mandir on...

By Anil Bedasie It has been referred to as the “Event of 2018” and promises to be a truly enlightening experience. On Friday August 24th...

Sunshine From Another Source: Radiating from the Gopie Nauth’s Sounds of...

By Dr Tara Singh I recently had the privilege of meeting an extremely talented musician, Gopie Nauth, one of our unsung heroes, and I’ve became...

Guyanese-born Scholar Wins Book Award

By Dr. Vishnu Bisram Guyanese born writer and United States based Professor Lomarsh Roopnarine’s book Indian Caribbean: Migration and Identity in the Diaspora (2018), published...

New Office Bearers of the Richmond Hill-South Ozone Park Lions Club...

RICHMOND HILL, QUEENS, NY -- The new team of office-bearers of the Richmond Hill-Ozone Park Lions Club for the year 2018-2019 was installed on...

Queens Book Fair: The Story of a Great Literary Festival

COMMENTARY By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine The first Queens Book Fair and Literary Festival was a resounding success. It drew 40 authors from around the world...

ENCOURAGING STUDENTS TO READ: Assemblyman Weprin Joins With Queens Library in...

QUEENS, NEW YORK – Assemblymember David Weprin (D – Fresh Meadows, Richmond Hill) and Queens Library President & CEO Dennis M. Walcott encouraged all...

Richard Ramsundar: Entrepreneur, Photographer, and… Di Soca Analyst!

By Aminta Kilawan-Narine, esq. I met Richard Ramsundar over 20 years ago when he first moved to my block in South Ozone Park, Queens. A...

Bhavaanee Maa Mandir, First Hindu Temple to Host the Poor People’s...

By Aminta Kilawan-Narine, Esq. On Tuesday June 19, Sadhana: Coalition of Progressive Hindus (Sadhana) inaugurated its support for the Poor People's Campaign (PPC) at Bhavaanee...

“Kali” Way Street Co-Naming Approved by Community Board

The Indian Diaspora Council International (IDC) is pleased to announce that the initiative by IDC president Ashook Ramsaran co-naming 1 block of 169th Street...

The Queens Book Fair and Literary Festival

By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine It was advertised in the media all winter. The Queens Book Fair and Literary Festival will take place on June 24,...
- Advertisement -

COMMUNITY

CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY